Director of Content Marketing
Company Name: Morris Marketing Group Mid-South
Dates Employed: –
Employment Duration: 4 mos
Location: Greater Memphis Area
I was responsible for managing client and media relationships; garnering local, regional, and national media results by creating and facilitating strategic and creative public relations and community relations plans.
I used my experience in graphic design, media relations, traditional and social media, community relations, sales strategy, nonprofits, fundraising, and business operations.
I worked with Corky’s BBQ, Simply Delicious Caterings, Memphis International Raceway, The Kosten Foundation for Pancreatic Cancer Research, Shannon & Waterman, Caesar’s Entertainment, and helped with campaigns such as The West Cancer Clinic’s annual West FightOn 5K RUN.WALK.RIDE annual fundraiser, and Sip Around the World fundraiser for the Kidney Foundation.
- Social Media Management, Content Calendars, Analytics
- Develop a marketing communications plan including strategy, goals, budget and executing and implementing tactics
- Develop media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast, and online media
- Coordinate all public relations activities
- Implement social media plan and tactics to engage audiences across traditional and new media including paid strategies and staying abreast of best practices
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests
- Create content for press releases, byline articles, and keynote presentations
- Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results on a regular basis
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships, and advertising on an on-going basis.
- Build relationships with thought leaders to grow industry awareness
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting clients and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them